Illustration Friday - Pretend


The pretender

As I waited for the bus to arrive, I stood in the crowd

Pretend to be someone, as I look around the people

They wearing masks, pretending to be putting on a normal face

Out in the open.


I am a pretender, living in this wild jungle

I pretend to act, acting to fit in.

I pretend life is just one big act, as a main character

I’ve gotten to the stage where my true self must kept

hidden, cause I knew not body can ever understand

“The real me”.


© By Hung Lin 2008

Comments

vfm4 said…
wonderful, great colours, yet scary and real......
ArtSparker said…
Visually stunning piece about a way I think we have all felt
Oooo, a bit scary...

gorgeous too though!
creepy *and* lovely somehow. We had similar takes on this weeks prompt.

Popular Posts